Wednesday, February 17, 2010

*sniff sniff*

Avant Ski Socks We are a couple of sickies today, my Z and I, she enduring a nasty cold and I recovering from an unknown variety of stomach bug. It is not our best day ever. But I did take the promised better pictures of Avant-Ski, which can be seen in the previous post.

Fun fact: Doing an eye-of-partridge heel in two colors, alternating colors every two rows, will give you a vertically striped heel. This is one of those things that I had no clue would happen to my knitting until after I knitted it. The slipped stitches smush the non-slipped stitches to the back. Nifty.

Frustrating fact: No matter how well your handknit sock fits your baby's foot, she will still find a way to kick it off within two seconds of your putting it on. Attempts to combat this with shoes (funny, never before thought of shoes as a device for keeping socks on) were met with displeasure.

Future fact: As the test knitters are coming in on time with their baby dresses, that pattern will be released Saturday as planned. I've decided to make this one for-pay only, owing to the amount of work I've put into it. I'll see if I can come up with something fun and/or free to go along with it by the weekend, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment