Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Don't worry, the new pattern will be up later today. This is mostly housekeeping.

First of all, thank you to all the people who took the time to vote in the poll, to leave a comment, and/or to contact me privately. I appreciate your wisdom. (Also, commenters: I can appreciate it if you want to remain anonymous, but if you have a Blogger account, consider making your profile public. When I click on your name in the comments I'd love to be able to find your blog!)

The majority opinion seems to be that free patterns should be the exception, not the rule. And while I appreciate this sentiment and agree with it, for the most part, I think that after this week I'm going to continue offering new patterns for free for a week, because (as I said to Karen in the comments) that's in keeping with the spirit of the thing. But I feel much less worried about choosing to simply sell a pattern in the future, if I feel the case warrants it.

And this week is one such case. I detailed the reasons why in my last post, so I won't go over them again.

But never fear! This does not mean there are no freebies this week. On the contrary, there are two. (Well, kind of. Call it one and a half.)

First of all, although the new pattern, Firstfall, will not be free, if you purchase it this week you will receive a code for one free pattern from my store.

You can choose to use it immediately, on Cradle or Chrysopoeia or Token, or even a second copy of Firstfall for a friend. Or you can save it for a pattern that hasn't been released yet. Just send me an e-mail or PM on Ravelry when you're ready for your free one.

(The code has no cash value and must be redeemed for a pattern. It may not be used to get a refund on the purchased pattern.)

Secondly, it has been pointed out to me that if you add a couple of repeats to Chrysopoeia, it is the perfect size for the Red Scarf Project. I love this charity, so here's the deal: If you want to make a scarf for the Red Scarf Project, send me an e-mail or PM on Ravelry with "Chrysopoeia for RSP" in the subject line, and I will send you the pattern for free. (You could, of course, use this to get the pattern for your own personal use and I'd never know, but it wouldn't be very nice. You're on the honor system.)

And last but not least, a cute baby picture:

Z Devours a Book
Z devours a book.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment