1. Beginning Saturday, January 2nd, 2010, and ending Saturday, December 25th, 2010, I will post one new pattern of my own devising every Saturday for a year.
2. The pattern will be available as a free download for a minimum period of one week following its release.
3. If the pattern is later changed to a for-sale pattern, the following rules apply:
- I will have the pattern test-knitted and revised before putting it up for sale.
- If, after the pattern is put up for sale, errata are found, they will be made available on the pattern page.
- If, after the pattern is put up for sale, major changes or improvements (such as an additional size) are made, the improved pattern will also be made available to anyone who originally downloaded it for free.
4. Before designing a pattern, I will check to see if anything like it already exists on Ravelry. I will not write a pattern for something that has already been done unless there is something particularly different or special about my way of doing it.
5. In case of brain freeze, I will allow myself to write a total of two (2) patterns which consist only of a scarf based on a stitch pattern from a dictionary.
6. Since the knitting of an object and the writing of its pattern may not always be concurrent, I will allow myself to write a new pattern based on an object I have already knit provided that the object was completed no more than four (4) weeks prior to the writing of the pattern. If I wish to write a pattern for an object completed prior to the acceptable timeframe, I must knit the object again and write the pattern based solely on the newly knitted object.
7. Priority will be given to my existing stash when choosing the yarn for a new object. New yarn may only be purchased if I already know exactly what I am going to knit with it. Yarn may not be purchased for the purpose of "inspiration".
8. I will be punctual. I will be creative. I will be brave. I will not be afraid of knitting something silly. I will have fun.