Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In-Laws Aren't So Bad

Quick note first: I made a post outlining the rules I'm proposing for my Pattern A Week adventure a few days ago, but it appeared to post at the time I saved the first draft, not the time I actually, you know, posted it, so if you follow the blog through a feed reader you might have missed it. Give it a look: I really would appreciate feedback.

My fabulous husband, my darling Z, and I went to Fab Hubby's folks' house for an early Christmas shindig (we're visiting my parents for the holiday proper). In a display of charity that proves they not only know me by now, but they also love me, they gave me this:



And also this:



Which has the pattern for the Baby Surprise Jacket in it. Yes, that Baby Surprise Jacket. I am so pleased.

Work on the Pattern A Week project is at this point mostly in my head, since I am encumbered with a particularly corpulent honker.* But that will all be done (hopefully) in a few days, and I will get to the knitting and writing of new things before the new year.

If I don't post till then, have a Merry Christmas!




*Tradition in my family takes the line from the carol, "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat" to refer to any gift-planning activity as a fat goose. Nobody has actually, as far as I know, ever called it a corpulent honker, but I plan to start RIGHT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment