Friday, December 11, 2009

52 Chances To Go Crazy

I'm going through with it.

Starting in January, I'm challenging myself to write and release one pattern every week.

I wish I could claim credit for the idea, but Jonathan Coulton did something similar a little while back, with his Thing a Week, where he wrote and recorded a new song every week.

I'll write more about the challenge and the rules I'm making myself follow for it in another post.

Meantime, since posts need pictures, here are some pictures of the first finished convertible mitten of the pair I'm working on:

Green Mitts Green Mitts

Green Mitts Green Mitts

They work on the same principle as Cradle Convertible Mitts, but have a nifty reversible cable panel going down the back, so the flap looks spiffy whichever way it's turned.

I'm really pleased with them, but am so swamped with holiday preparations just now that the pattern may become one of the 52 sometime in January. We'll see. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I think this project might make you go insane, but if sounds awesome. And I think the mittens are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenge! My challenge for the new year will be to finally make myself a sweater.
    I love your convertible mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brunhilda - Thanks! And if I do go insane, at least I'll have the fun of writing about it for you.

    Susan - Thank you! Best wishes for your sweater!

    ReplyDelete