Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It Girl

::sigh::

I don't know why I torture myself.

Forgive me, I have been browsing again. I really shouldn't have a thing for cute little dresses. I am not a cute little woman. My cousin Laura is a cute little woman, and, moreover, she has that je ne sais quoi which means that she would look fab in anything, including this number, which I covet.



My inner Wendy thinks that I am a small Frenchwoman. It is for this same reason that things like Delphine end up in my Ravelry queue.

I AM NOT PETITE, Inner Wendy. Neither, unfortunately, am I tall enough to go the other direction and try for "statuesque goddess." I am pretty average, with a tendency to beefy shoulders. I wear long skirts and kerchiefs. My look has been variously described by other people as "gypsy", "Amish", and "Russian Jew". I should just learn to embrace it.

::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment