Friday, December 5, 2008

No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy

Louise is still lying dull and melancholy in the dining room. All her parts are there, my husband says, but they won't talk nicely to each other, at least not until we get her a new OS. (Louise had been running Windows ME for all seven years of her life. You may point and snicker.)

My husband has also gotten a new toy, a Mac mini, which of course worked right out of the box with no fuss or assembly (you may point and snicker more loudly). This leaves his iBook free for my use, which is kind of him, but leads to exchanges like,

"Honey? How do you right-click on this?"

"Control-click."

"Oh." (A pause.) "Do you have any image-editing software on here?

"Umm...I dunno. I might have Gimp."

(He doesn't have Gimp on here. I may download it, or I may just wait for Louise to be up and about again.)

Anyway, this is my long-winded way of telling those of you who've been waiting for the next chapter of the story about Running Jack (all one of you) may be waiting a bit longer yet.

Here's a teaser, though.

Jack wielding a needle

Jack and the Shiny

The Cave's Inhabitant

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited! I guess that makes two people. :)
    Hope Louise is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathryn! Any day now, my husband says. ;)

    ReplyDelete