Sunday, September 14, 2008

In Which Lace and I Fight and then Make Up Again

My matron of honor requested Sandi Wiseheart's Summer Lace Shawlette* for her bridesmaid's gift. This was my first attempt*:

shawlette

There's a big mistake in the lace about two-thirds of the way down--I think I skipped a pattern row--and along the edges of the center lace panel, I think I started putting the yos on the wrong side of the ssk. Anyway, it's got mistakes, but I thought that maybe if I didn't have time to redo it, it'd pass.

Then I knit a second one*.

shawlette back

Yowza. Completely different. What was even going on in the first one? Look at the lace.

old lace shawlette lace

After some musing, I think I was knitting two together through the back loops every time I was supposed to just be knitting two together. No wonder it didn't look like the pattern picture. I iz dumb.

*Ravelry links. If you're not on Ravelry, you should be.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how different they were but what amazes me more is that you actually took the time to knit and re-knit the shawlette!!! I would have given her an IOU and a store bought one to tide her over til after the wedding and honeymoon. But then, my matron of honor bought me Irish crystal and Irish linen teacloth and stuff on HER honeymoon in Ireland for me so I guess I am selfish. congrats on the marriage too.

    ReplyDelete