Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Time-Traveler's Hat

This is what I learned from Doctor Who: The best way to blend in to any time period is to not blend in with any time period.

What could be more awesome and timeless than an olive-green felt hat with a mask and earflaps (which you can fold up as the need arises?)

Few things! (Mary Poppins' Carpetbag of Holding is one of them.)


This is what I learned from this project: If I don't
keep very detailed notes on what I've done already, I will end up doing something silly like putting earflaps where I have no ears. And not realizing it until after it's been felted. Which is not a good time to go about frogging things.

Le sigh. Le pout.

It is still a pretty awesome hat.

I think I'll probably knit another one at some point. This time with the ears in the right place.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I like the pre felted version better, although it's probably more functional post felting....

    ReplyDelete